Monday, July 12, 2010

Almost Home

We see in this video that Luke was happier and more energetic. He had oral, intrathecal, intramuscular, and intravenous chemo to this point. In plain english, he had medicines given in his mouth, backbone, muscle (thigh), and vein. Also, he had a blood transfusion earlier in the week. The next time you have an opportunity to donate blood, please do it. As I looked at the blood hanging on Luke, I thought, "I wonder if the donors truly appreciate how meaningful and valuable their donation is". There are a few elements in this video that are worth mentioning. Luke found great comfort in a blanket (thanks Lalu, Daisy, and Joshua!), someone sitting in bed with him, and a foot rub.

1 comment:

  1. Hey family!! I donated blood a few weeks ago thinking about our little Lukie...I am planning to donate every 8 weeks and I am doing my best to motivate others to do so as well. Love you guys!! Daisy

    ReplyDelete